Twelve years ago, Joanna and Rob began their journey of foster parenting and opened their home to little ones in need of care. Through the blessings and struggles, questions and fears, joys and griefs, their lives were changed forever.
For the Teigens, foster parenting was a walk through the unexpected. They had to ask questions they’d never faced and lean on God like never before. Today’s guest, Jamie Finn, is here with answers to the wonderings and struggles foster families encounter every day. Her honest insights and encouragement will help you to understand
- How and why Jamie and her husband began their journey of foster parenting]
- The questions and struggles foster parents face as they care for children from hard places
- How God’s Word can speak powerfully into your life as a foster or adoptive parent
- Recognizing the different goals of foster parenting compared to adoption
- How to answer the question, “Should I become a foster parent?”
- The impact of foster parenting on your biological children
- Why your heart’ attachment to your foster child is the best gift you can give
- Coping with saying “goodbye” to children you love
- How to sustain your marriage through the stressors of foster parenting
- What “trauma” means for your foster child and family
Meet Our Guest
Jamie C. Finn is the executive director of Foster the Family, the Host of the Real Mom Podcast, and a sought-after speaker for events for foster and adoptive parents. Her popular social media accounts give a glimpse into the life of a foster parent and provide encouragement to thousands. At any given moment, Jamie and her husband Alan are parents from four to six children, including their two biological children and two children adopted through foster care.
Jamie is the author of the powerful book, Foster the Family. With the compassion and insight of a fellow foster parent, Jamie helps you see your struggles through the lens of the gospel, bringing biblical truths to bear on your unique everyday realities. In short, easy-to-read chapters, you’ll find personal stories and practical lessons that provide encouragement and direction from God’s Word as you walk the journey of foster parenting.