Do you find yourself hiding in the bathroom in tears after losing your temper and saying words you regret? Has the peaceful home you imagined—pre-children—become a place of slamming doors, frustration, and negativity? Do angry emotions hijack your self-control and leave you feeling guilty and sad? Maybe like so many of us, you wonder How can I become a wise and gentle parent who loves my kids the way God loves me?
Today’s guest, Amber Lia, offers a powerful insight and practical tools to overcome anger transform your life with your kids. She explains
- Why Amber struggled with anger as a mom and how God met her in it
- How to stay calm when your kids push your buttons
- How to move from simply reacting to your kids so you can teach and train with love
- The internal and external triggers that drive our actions
- How God sets the perfect example of parenthood for us
- The connection between a healthy marriage and effective parenting
- How to become a coach who sets your kids up for success
- Why your triggers can be God’s tool to move you toward wisdom and maturity
Meet Our Guest
Amber Lia is an author, blogger, and work-at-home mom of four boys. She and her husband, Guy, own Storehouse Media Group, a faith- and family-friendly TV and Film production company in Los Angeles, CA. When she’s not building sandcastles with her boys on the beach, or searching for Nerf darts all over her house, you can find Amber writing to encourage families on her website at amberlia.com.
Amber is the co-author of Triggers: Exchanging Parents’ Angry Reactions for Gentle Biblical Responses. This inspiring, practical book offers biblical insight and practical tools to equip and encourage you on the journey away from anger-filled reactions toward gentle, biblical responses to your children as they grow.