You put your trust in Christ a long time ago. Since then, you’ve spent countless hours in prayer and reading the Bible. You’ve attended church and been faithful to give and serve however you can. You could tell story after story of how God met your needs and helped you along the way. Yet today, God feels distant and out of reach. It seems like your prayers hit the ceiling. Doubt, guilt, and discouragement are making a wreck of your faith. You wonder how to break down the wall and draw close to God again.
Today’s guests, Bill and Kristi Gaultiere, are here to give you hope on your journey of faith. Bill and Kristi have served both in ministry and as counselors for 30 years. They have authored a powerful book titled Journey of the Soul: A Practical Guide to Emotional and Spiritual Health to meet you in whatever stage of faith you’re living right now.
Bill and Kristi help us to understand
- The pain of feeling distant from God
- The “Christ stages” we experience in our Christian life
- Why we hit the wall and become stuck in our journey of faith
- The part suffering plays in our spiritual confusion
- How to open our soul to the Spirit in new ways
- How growing in God can help us cope with difficult emotions
- Spiritual practices that help us to connect with God when he seems far away
- The powerful impact of “soul talk” conversations with your spouse and kids
Meet Our Guests
Bill and Kristi Gaultiere
Bill and Kristi Gaultiere are the founders of Soul Shepherding, helping believers move toward intimacy with Jesus, emotional health, and loving relationships. As a psychologist and Spiritual Formation Pastor, Bill has trained over 1,000 lay counselors and taught courses in Christian psychology and spirituality at the graduate school level.
Bill and Kristi, a psychotherapist, train pastors and other men and women in ministry in their Soul Shepherding Institute and Spiritual Direction certificate program. Bill has been speaking in churches and conferences since 1987 and especially enjoys speaking with Kristi. You can listen to their weekly Soul Talks podcast and read their weekly Soul Shepherding blog.