In our dreams, we’d love our Christmas season to look and feel like a Hallmark movie. We imagine handmade stockings hung over a crackling fireplace, smiling children wearing matching pajamas, colorful gifts piled underneath a stunning Christmas tree, and a delicious feast to share with the ones we hold dear.
Yet so often, our reality is more frantic than festive. Our to-do list of shopping, cooking and cleaning, decorating and hosting leaves us rushed and exhausted. By Christmas Eve, we’re too worn out to worship. We wonder how to find the joy and peace we’re longing to experience with our family.
Today’s guest, Tama Fortner, brings a fresh perspective on how we can approach the holiday season this year. She shares practical, heartfelt wisdom so we can understand
- How she let go of the pressure to create a “perfect” Christmas for her family
- Ways to cope when you feel overwhelmed by your to-do list
- When to rethink your old traditions and create new ones
- How to draw near to Christ despite a busy schedule
- Ways to support your spouse when they feel stressed
- How to show hospitality without wearing yourself out
- The reality of God’s love every day of the year
Meet Our Guest
Tama Fortner is a bestselling author and ghostwriter with more than 40 titles to her credit. She has been blessed to work with some of the biggest names in Christian publishing to create inspirational books for children, teens, and adults. Tama and her husband are the parents of two kids and they make their home in Tennessee.
Tama’s latest devotional book, Simply Christmas, is your personal invitation to slow down and savor the beauty of the manger this year. Accompanied by seasonally inspired full-color photographs, this 31-day devotional brings a bit of calm to each day through a short reflection and Scripture, together with points to ponder and fun ideas for simplifying your Christmas traditions.