This spring our daughter walked the aisle to say “I do” to the man who won her heart. As her mom and dad, we’re celebrating this season of firsts right along with them: Their first apartment, first shared trips and holidays as a married couple, and all the new discoveries they’re making about the one they love.
Yet we know that this newlywed season only lasts for a time. To grow and thrive, their relationship needs to move through specific stages of change and maturity. If a couple fails to move forward and becomes stuck in a certain stage—or “ring” as our guest Jackie Blesdoe describes—their marriage can struggle and fall apart.
Jackie Bledsoe joins us today to help us understand
- How Jackie and his wife moved from a difficult start in their own marriage to serving couples through marriage ministry
- How to identify the unique stage you and your spouse are living right now
- Why each of the seven “rings” of marriage offer new ways to grow as a couple
- What to do if you feel stuck in a negative rut in your marriage
- The powerful link between prayer and intimacy as a couple
- A word of hope for couples who want to build a new foundation for their relationship
Meet Our Guest
Jackie Bledsoe and his wife of 20 years, Stephana, are the parents of three kids. They make their home in Indiana. As an author and popular speaker, Jackie has also contributed to several well-known and award winning sites like Tony Dungy’s AllProDad, Disney’s Babble, Black and Married with Kids (BMWK), the NFL’s USA Football (USAF), and Coach Up. In addition, he has been featured multiple times on HuffPost Live and Yahoo! Shine, and was one of the official speakers at an Indianapolis Colts sponsored event for All Pro Dad.
Learn more about The 7 Rings of Marriage and all of Jackie’s resources here to grow a stronger marriage today!