This summer, we dropped off our son for a week of summer camp. We sent him away with a sleeping bag, bug spray, and a whole lot of hopes and fears in our hearts. We worried if he’d stay safe and healthy, if he’d feel homesick or left out, or if he’d make poor choices he’d regret. We also carried high hopes that he’d have fun, build positive relationships, and grow a stronger faith in Jesus.
Honestly, those are the same hopes and fears each of us hold for our children every day of the year. Nothing puts us on our knees like parenting the sons and daughters we love! We want to pray powerful, effective prayers that make a difference in their lives.
Today’s guest, Jodie Berndt, is here with a great word of inspiration to fire up our prayer life for our kids. She helps us to understand
- What it means to pray the scriptures over our children
- How to break out of your “rut” and pray with confidence and excitement
- The unexpected struggles Jodie faced while parenting her teens, and how God met her in them
- How praying scriptures will change our goals and desires for our kids
- Why God wants you to pray about every detail of your life, big and small
- How to keep praying when you’re tired and discouraged in the waiting
- Why you can trust God completely and know your prayers make a difference
Meet Our Guest
Jodie Berndt has written or cowritten many books, including the bestselling Praying the Scriptures series for children, teens, and adult children. A speaker and Bible teacher, Jodie has been featured on programs like Focus on the Family, The 700 Club, and a host of popular podcasts, and she has written articles for Fox News, Club31 Women, and Proverbs 31 Ministries. She and her husband, Robbie, have four adult children, and they live in Virginia Beach, Virginia.