Maybe like us, you put your faith in Jesus many years ago. Yet as life has brought pain and disappointment, loss and frustration, your faith in God has worn away. You look at your marriage and family relationships and wonder how you’ve grown so far apart. You wonder how your passion for Christ can be rekindled and if your most important relationships can ever be happy and close again.
Today’s guest, Alison Simmons, knows the pain of a broken marriage. She knows the stress and strain of trying to be a “perfect” Christian while feeling as far from God as she could be. Her powerful testimony gives hope that God can break through the hurt and confusion. His love and power can draw us close to himself and transform our families. Through her honest testimony, Alison helps us to understand
- How she met Christ in the middle of her mess
- Her journey of divorce, remarriage, and growing her family
- How Alison let her marriage relationship take the place of God in her life
- The breakdown of her marriage and her frustrations in life as a mom
- The powerful encounter with God that transformed her heart and home
- How God used Scripture to give her a whole new attitude toward her husband
- The steps you can take to rekindle your passion for God and renew your relationships
Meet Our Guest
Alison Simmons is a writer and host of the Grace Over Perfection podcast. Her passion is to help you draw closer to God through his Word. If you sat down for coffee with Alison, she’d tell you that
“I am a busy, audacious, outgoing, sometimes irritable, but always blessed, woman. A few years after becoming a Believer, I stopped investing in my relationship with the Lord years ago and found myself discontent and angry. I didn’t WANT to be this way, but I just couldn’t ‘get happy!’ It wasn’t until I started making time for God and His Word every day, praying to Him unashamedly and listening for His response that things started to change. I have come a long way in my walk with Jesus since then and now I help stressed out moms reclaim their joy through a relationship with Jesus.”
Connect with Alison at https://graceoverperfection.com/ and find hope for your faith and family.