Every couple begins married life together with a different background of traditions and habits, values and relationship patterns. These differences can create conflict and stress or be used by God to draw you closer to him and each other. Today’s guests, Kagiso and Kate Motaung, know all about bridging differences in their cross-cultural marriage. They offer hope and great wisdom to help couples understand
- How God wrote Kate and Kagiso’s love story in South Africa
- The cultural differences they faced in their new life together, both in South Africa and the United States
- The value of a mentor couples for your marriage
- A challenge to look for beauty in the unfamiliar aspects of your life
- Why parenting demands a whole new level of adjustment and compromise
- How to communicate effectively about your differences
- How “meeting each other under God’s Word” changes everything
This episode—and Kagiso’s heartfelt prayer over YOUR marriage—is the encouragement you need to grow your love and understanding today.
Meet Our Guests
Kate and Kagiso Motaung
Kagiso and Kate met and married in South Africa before relocating to the United States. They have been married since 2004 and have three children. Kate is the author of A Place to Land: A Story of Longing and Belonging and co-author of Influence: Building a Platform that Elevates Jesus (Not Me). She is the host of the online writing community Five Minute Friday, and is the owner of Refine Services, providing editing services to writers. Kagiso is trained as a pastor and teacher, and currently serves as a Realtor in West Michigan.
Connect with Kate on her website and Facebook page to discover her books, services, and inspiring resources. To win your own copy of her beautiful memoir—including Kate and Kagiso’s love story—leave a comment with “Loving Our Differences” to be entered in our giveaway drawing.
God bless your marriage today!