You’ve taken your child to church since they were a baby. Family Bible reading, worship music on the radio, and bedtime prayers have been woven into the life of your family. Yet despite the foundation of faith you’ve built for child, they struggle to believe. Doubts, poor choices, and even resistance to God have eroded their trust in Jesus. You’re discouraged and afraid as a parent—will praying for the heart of your prodigal child make a difference?
Janet McHenry joins us today to encourage moms and dads to pray by faith for their sons and daughters. With experience and insight, she explains
- How Janet’s prayer walks grew into a powerful ministry to help us all learn how to pray.
- The day Janet realized her son was far from God
- Our limits as parents to shape our children’s beliefs and choices
- Signs your child is struggling with doubt or secret behaviors
- How to cope with fear as a mom or dad
- Why prayer is more about access to God than answers from God
- How to pray for your child with confidence
Meet Our Guest
Janet McHenry is an award-winning speaker and the author of 24 books, including the bestselling PrayerWalk and her newest, The Complete Guide to the Prayers of Jesus. Janet is the wife of her rancher husband, Craig, in the Sierra Valley, and is a mom of four and grandmother to ten children.
Through prayer walking, Janet’s life was transformed and her ministry was born. Connect with Janet at Looking Up! to discover a wide collection of resources, life coaching, and her “Prayer School” masterclass today.