We don’t need the experts to tell us that anxiety is a very real and growing struggle for children today. It touches nearly every family we know, and moms and dads are feeling discouraged and helpless in the face of their kids’ emotions.
That’s why we’re thrilled to welcome an expert therapist and mom of two to the podcast today. Kelly Boprie provides therapy for kids who face struggles with anxiety and depression, trauma and eating disorders. In her practice, she guides children through the transformative work of overcoming difficult emotions and behavior. This episode provides a wealth of practical help for parents by teaching us
- How to recognize anxiety issues in your kids at all ages and stages
- How to discern the difference between a temporary struggle and a mood disorder
- The ways anxiety affects your kids’ ability to function and thrive
- Simple stress-management skills you can teach your kids to move them from panic to peace
- The importance of managing your own anxiety as parents
- How to teach your kids to name and express their emotions
- Knowing when and how to seek professional help for your child
- The impact of faith on our fears
Download the How to Help Your Kids Cope with Anxiety Handout HERE!
Meet Our Guests
Kelly Boprie**, LMSW, CEDS, has served children, teens, and families through both residential and inpatient therapy to address a wide variety of mental health conditions. She provides counseling and therapy services at GR Therapy Group and holds certifications in treatment for eating disorders and premarital counseling. Kelly is a wife, mother, and active member of her church in West Michigan.