Date night has always been a big deal for us, but lately we’ve fallen out of our routine. It’s felt like a struggle to find time alone where we can share conversation and fun! We’re definitely feeling the effects of not being able to get quality time together, and we’re taking steps to reconnect.
To help us get back into our routine, we want to invite you along as we take a deep dive into conversation cards for a little date here on the podcast. It’s amazing how a simple conversation starter can help to build intentional connection time with your spouse.
On this little podcast “date,” we share:
- How intentional time can benefit you as a couple
- Practical ways to use conversation cards
- A real-life conversation prompted by conversation cards
- And more!
We hope you enjoy this episode!
1) As parents, we need to talk about more than our kids. It’s easy for us to get into the habit of talking about all the cute things our children have done or what they are struggling with. But it is also important to focus on connection and discover new things about your spouse.
2) It’s important to prioritize quality time together. In the midst of hard circumstances or the mundane routine of life, getting quality time together promotes connection and allows you to build up your marriage. It doesn’t have to be some grand gesture or expensive getaway, it can be sharing a cup of coffee together or going for a walk to learn about your spouse’s day.
3) There is always more to learn about your spouse. You will never get to the point, no matter how long you have been married, where there is nothing left to learn about your spouse. We have been married for over 30 years and we are still learning new things about each other. We just have to keep asking good questions and experiencing new things together! And that’s where conversation cards come in handy!